- The client is a mid-market pan-European private equity investor.
- Since 2005 the firm has raised more than €2.5bn across three funds.
- The firm has made 20 primary investments and 40 bolt-on acquisitions from its network of European offices.
- Disjointed information flow between origination, investment committee, portfolio and investor relations team.
- Quarterly external reporting requests had to be done manually.
- The absence of a centralized dashboard made it difficult to track asset performance and therefore changes in valuations.
- Portfolio company data was often delivered in PDFs and various formats.
- Implemented data schema and rigorous processes to produce granular, accurate and reconcilable data across the portfolio and internal departments.
- Deployed customized Minerva SaaS solution across entire organization, including Management Accounts, Operational Reports, Investment Cases, and Strategic Objective & ESG Tracking.
- Designed and hosted a secure (2FA), cloud-based data warehouse.
Results & Benefits
- Statistical analysis and machine learning techniques unlocked performance improvement that drove transformational change for the portfolio.
- Reduction in information loss and vastly improved communication between teams with Minerva software functioning as data backbone.
- Increased efficiency between origination, deal and portfolio teams; smoother investment onboarding.
- End-to-end data management, portfolio monitoring and investment analysis.